Robert Eberhart, MD
Dr. Eberhart has been an orthopedic surgeon with Atlantic Orthopaedics since 1987 and is one of the three original founders of the practice. Fellowship trained in upper extremity surgery, Dr. Eberhart specializes in the treatment of problems involving the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand.
Dr. Eberhart works with patients on a variety of issues including degenerative conditions, wrist fractures, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more. He is also a clinical and adjunct professor in the Department of Physiology at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH.
Dr. Eberhart enjoys spending his free time on his lobster and fishing boats, taking care of 30 lobster traps in the Seacoast area.
Dr. Eberhart Treats
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Sports Injuries
- Broken Bones
Dr. Eberhart Provides
- Orthopedic Hand Surgery
- Elbow & Wrist Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Director, Hand Surgery Services – Sports Medicine Atlantic Orthopaedics, Portsmouth NH
- Governors Appointee – Medical Review Subcommittee, NH Board of Registration in Medicine
- BS Yale College, New Haven CT
- MD Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth NH
- Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School General Surgery, Boston MA
- Combined Orthopaedic Program Massachusetts General Hospital – Harvard
- AO Trauma Fellowship – St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Hand Surgery Fellowship – Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia University, New York NY
I’ve known Dr. Eberhart for over 30 years. He is exceedingly well trained and has a well-deserved reputation for his skills in diagnosing an orthopedic problem and then correcting it, either surgically or non-surgically. He’s also an accomplished athlete who understands the issues for people who want to stay active and enjoy their favorite sports. I had two carpal tunnel surgeries when the pain got to the point of waking me up at night. I was able to play golf again within two months. Dr. Eberhart also did a knee arthroscopy procedure to clean out bone chips that were giving me problems – again, with fine results. He’s a terrific guy and a highly skilled doctor. I appreciate his conservative approach and his intellectual honesty.