Andrew McMahon, DO
Since 2012, Dr. Andrew McMahon has served the seacoast community as a Primary Care Sports Medicine provider and was voted Top Doctor for Sports Medicine by New Hampshire Magazine in 2022. Specializing in sports-related injuries, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and concussion care; he provides treatment to patients of all ages and abilities.
Dr. McMahon offers an individualized approach to patient care aiming to diagnose the problem, identify the root cause, and then provide the path to recovery. Dr. McMahon is a team physician for a number of local high schools and helps to develop concussion policy for several school districts. He is a former team physician for the US Freestyle Ski Team, the University of New Hampshire, the University of Southern Maine, and the Portland Pirates Hockey Team.
When Dr. McMahon is not treating patients, he can often be found riding his mountain bike or skiing with his wife and three kids.
Dr. McMahon Treats
- Sports-related injuries and conditions
Dr. McMahon Provides
- Concussion Care: Comprehensive Management of Concussion and Post Concussive Syndrome
- Non-operative approach to sports and orthopedic injuries (including injections)
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound (for diagnostics and intervention/treatment)
- Regenerative Medicine (PRP, etc.)
- BS University of New Hampshire, Durham NH
- DO University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Internal Medicine, Maine Medical Center, Portland ME
- Sports Medicine, Maine Medical Center, Portland ME
- Voted Top Sports Medicine Doctor: 2022
Atlantic is top-notch! After breaking my leg a year ago and being treated non-operatively and having continued pain. They were able to get me in to see Dr. McMahon quickly who ordered an MRI which was done the same day in the office at Shields. I followed up with Dr. Welch who was great! I had surgery and am now feeling much better and well on my way to recovery and skiing this winter!