Shoulders are not singular joints, but rather a complex arrangement of bones, cartilage, ligaments, muscles, and tendons. When one of these connecting pieces is injured, it will result in a limited range of motion. If you’re having a hard time bending, flexing, reaching, or rotating your arms, you may have a shoulder condition that needs attention.
Whether caused by sports, work, or the general wear and tear of life, our physicians specializing in the shoulder will help you identify the severity of your pain, injury, or condition through clinical evaluations and imaging as necessary. We will then recommend the treatment plan that’s best for you and we will help you carry out that treatment plan through procedures, referrals, and follow-ups. Contact us with questions or schedule an appointment online. Our offices can be reached at 603-431-1121 (Portsmouth, NH) and 207-363-3490 (York, ME).
Diagnosing Shoulder Pain
When shoulder pain strikes, get it checked out. Common symptoms, injuries, and conditions in the shoulder that we regularly treat include the following.
- Tenderness around the shoulder
- Weakness or instability in the shoulder
- Joint stiffness in the shoulder
- Limited range of motion in the shoulder
- Neck pain related to shoulder injury
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Disease
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Instability
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Clavicle Fractures
- Biceps Tendon Rupture
- Labral Tear
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Separation
- Sternoclavicular Joint Dislocation
- Superior Labrum Anterior to Posterior (SLAP) Lesion Tear
- Throwing Injuries
Evaluate Your Shoulder Pain
Treating Shoulder Conditions & Injuries
We believe in delivering continuous care to our patients. If you need treatment for shoulder pain, see our common options below.
- Rest – simple but effective!
- Anti-inflammatories – simple but effective!
- Physical Therapy (remote or in-person)
- Occupational Therapy
- Non-operative Biceps Tendon Rupture Treatment
- Non-operative Throwing Injury
- Non-operative Broken Collarbone Treatment
- Non-operative Arthritis Treatment
- Non-operative Rotator Cuff Disease Treatment
- Injections to the shoulder or elbow
- Anatomic Shoulder Replacement Surgery
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement Surgery
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Rotator Cuff Repairs
- Shoulder Separation Surgery
- ExactechGPS Guided Surgery
- Throwing Injury Surgeries
- Biceps Tendon Rupture Surgery
- Broken Collarbone Surgery
- Labral Repairs
- Instability Surgery
Treat Your Shoulder Pain
Why Atlantic Orthopaedics
You can trust our team of board-certified physicians to help you ease your shoulder pain and restore movement to the affected area and attached limbs. We are committed to making sure that a limited range of motion doesn’t stop you from doing what you love in sports, at work, or throughout life. Our physicians will help you get you back to your favorite activities.
Treating Providers | Shoulder
We offer shoulder care to people of all ages and abilities living, working, and playing in the NH seacoast, southern Maine, and northeastern Massachusetts. Let us help you diagnose and treat your shoulder pain. Start your road to recovery today.
Services Related to Shoulder Care
We have you covered if you’re suffering from pain in your shoulder, or have a shoulder condition or injury that needs imaging, treatment, and recovery support. Learn more about the services that support our shoulder care teams.