ATLANTIC ORTHOPAEDICS & SPORTS MEDICINE CORONAVIRUS (COVID – 19) UPDATE
April 16th, 2020
The doctors of Atlantic Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine (AOSM) take the threat of COVID – 19 seriously and will continue to inform our patients of policies and other updates throughout the outbreak. As of right now, we are planning to return to full operating procedures on May 4th, 2020 at our Portsmouth location and May 15th, 2020 at our York location.
– We are offering Telemedicine visits through video conferencing so that you can be seen by one of our providers without having to leave your home. If you have any concerns or questions about a symptom at this time, please do not hesitate to schedule a virtual visit.
– For those patients who feel a physical visit would be more appropriate, please know that we are following the CDC guidelines and taking all necessary precautions to make the office a safe environment for everyone we care for. We are also asking that patients wear a mask to their visits at this time and that the number of family and friends of the patient be limited as much as possible.
– We will continue to schedule routine appointments for acute problems including: fractures, post-ops, cast removal, suture/staple removal, numbness or weakness or significant pain and possible infections.
– All employees are wearing masks, frequently washing their hands, and avoiding touching their faces. Employees with flu-like symptoms will stay home and are encouraged to follow up with their primary care doctors.
– In addition, we are taking measures to provide extra cleaning throughout the building including waiting room chairs, doorknobs, fitness equipment, handrails and bathrooms.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. As always, we are dedicated to you.
The Providers of Atlantic Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine